ABOUT GCHS WRITERS WEEK
Grayslake Central High School's Writers Week is an annual week-long celebration of the work of authors, journalists, poets, songwriters, broadcasters, and screenwriters. Each year, professional writers of all kinds are invited to speak and/or perform alongside students and faculty in the GCHS theater. A big shout out to Fremd High School for the inspiration!
S T U D E N T A T T E N D A N C E
- All English classes will attend at least one theater presentation throughout the week.
- Teachers from other departments may also decide to bring their classes to certain theater presentations.
- Students will be able to attend during their free periods (including lunch), but they must present their school ID and sign a sheet in the theater lobby before entering.
C O M M U N I T Y A T T E N D A N C E
- Community members are welcome, but seating is limited, so an 'RSVP' will be required in advance of the event in order to reserve a spot. If you are interested in attending, please visit our Community Attendance Web Form, where you will be asked to provide the names of all attendees, as well as the date(s) and time slot(s) when you would like to attend.
- Upon arrival, all members of the public will be required to provide a valid picture ID to GCHS security personnel at the main entrance.
W O R K S H O P A T T E N D A N C E
- Classroom workshops are for students only. For more info, please visit the Classroom Workshops page.
F R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N
- Is there an apostrophe in Writers Week? No. We know it's tempting to throw one in there, but it's a week of writers, not a week that is possessed by one writer or many writers.
Q U E S T I O N S ? C O M M E N T S ?
- Write us at gchswritersweek [at] gmail [dot] com, or fill out the form below.